NetMeter is a small, customizable network bandwidth monitoring program for Windows 95/98/98SE/ME/NT4/2000/XP. NetMeter is and will always stay freeware. The program has been tested extensively on Windows 2000 and XP, but it should work just as well on all other Win32 operating systems.
IP-Tools consists of 19 network utilities that offer a large viriety of network administration and monitoring services.
This award-winning program can work under Windows 95/98/ME / NT4.0/2000/XP and is indispensable for anyone who uses the Internet or Intranet.
Angry IP scanner is a very fast IP scanner and port scanner. It can scan IP addresses in any range as well as any their ports. Its binary file size is very small compared to other IP or port scanners. Angry IP scanner simply pings each IP address to check if it’s alive, then optionally it is resolving its hostname, determines the MAC address, scans ports, etc. The amount of gathered data about each host can be extended with the available plugins.
It also has additional features, like NetBIOS information (computer name, workgroup name, and currently logged in Windows user), favorite IP address ranges, customizable openers, etc.
Scanning results can be saved to CSV, TXT, HTML, XML or IP-Port list file, can be used as a command-line utility in a batch file, etc. With help of plugins, Angry IP Scanner can gather any information about scanned IPs. Anybody who can write code is able to write plugins and extend functionality of Angry IP Scanner.
In order to increase scanning speed, it uses multithreaded approach: a separate threads is created for each scanned IP address.
It is free and open-source software, so use it at your own risk.
Same developers, same code, different name. The Ethereal network protocol analyzer has changed its name to Wireshark. Wireshark’s powerful features make it the tool of choice for network troubleshooting, protocol development, and education worldwide. Wireshark was written by an international group of networking experts, and is an example of the power of open source. It runs on Windows, Linux, UNIX, and other platforms.
The Dude network monitor is a new application by MikroTik which can dramatically improve the way you manage your network environment. It will automatically scan all devices within specified subnets, draw and layout a map of your networks, monitor services of your devices and alert you in case some service has problems.
- Auto network discovery and layout
- Discovers any type or brand of device
- Device, Link monitoring, and notifications
- Includes SVG icons for devices, and supports custom icons and backgrounds
- Easy installation and usage
- Allows you to draw your own maps and add custom devices
- Supports SNMP, ICMP, DNS and TCP monitoring for devices that support it
- Individual Link usage monitoring and graphs
- Direct access to remote control tools for device management
- Supports remote Dude server and local client
- Runs in Linux Wine environment, MacOS Darwine, and Windows
- Best price/value ratio compared to other products (free of charge)
Ethereal allows talented is used by network professionals around the world for troubleshooting, analysis, software and protocol development, and education. It has all of the standard features you would expect in a protocol analyzer, and several features not seen in any other product. Its open source licenseexperts in the networking community to add enhancements. It runs on all popular computing platforms, including Unix, Linux, and Windows.
- Data can be captured “off the wire” from a live network connection, or read from a capture file
- Ethereal can read capture files from tcpdump (libpcap), NAI’s Sniffer (compressed and uncompressed), Sniffer Pro, NetXray, Sun snoop and atmsnoop, Shomiti/Finisar Surveyor, AIX’s iptrace, Microsoft’s Network Monitor, Novell’s LANalyzer, RADCOM’s WAN/LAN Analyzer, HP-UX nettl, i4btrace from the ISDN4BSD project, Cisco Secure IDS iplog, the pppd log (pppdump-format), the AG Group’s/WildPacket’s EtherPeek/TokenPeek/AiroPeek, or Visual Networks’ Visual UpTime. It can also read traces made from Lucent/Ascend WAN routers and Toshiba ISDN routers, as well as the text output from VMS’s TCPIPtrace utility and the DBS Etherwatch utility for VMS. Any of these files can be compressed with gzip and Ethereal will decompress them on the fly.
- Live data can be read from Ethernet, FDDI, PPP, Token-Ring, IEEE 802.11, Classical IP over ATM, and loopback interfaces (at least on some platforms; not all of those types are supported on all platforms)
- Captured network data can be browsed via a GUI, or via the TTY-mode “tethereal” program
- Capture files can be programmatically edited or converted via command-line switches to the “editcap” program
- 759 protocols can currently be dissected
- Output can be saved or printed as plain text or PostScript
- Data display can be refined using a display filter
- Display filters can also be used to selectively highlight and color packet summary information
- All or part of each captured network trace can be saved to disk
UltraVNC is a powerful, easy to use VNC client, that can display the screen of another computer (via internet or network) on your own screen. The program allows you to use your mouse and keyboard to control the other PC remotely. It means that you can work on a remote computer, as if you were sitting in front of it, right from your current location.If you provide computer support, you can easy access your customer’s computers from anywhere in the world and resolve helpdesk issues remotely! With add-ons like SingleClick your customers don’t even have to pre-install software or execute complex procedures to get remote helpdesk support.